I did bake in an attempt to distract my mind. I actually spent time standing up. That is extremely rare. I honestly sit 24-7. I wish that were an exaggeration, I honestly wish it were. But its not….its reality. Breathe and accept.
It was a recipe I obtained from a very old “Clean Eating” magazine. And the link I reference there shows the magazine issue that contains the exact recipe. And this loaf I bake both looks and tastes amazing. There are no gimmicks. Nothing special. It also has nice nutritional stats…normal, but a “healthy” loaf….not that that is necessary or matters (trust me…I do not profess to be a food-angel). Anyway, it uses almond flour, buckwheat flour, and quinoa flour. Honey, eggs, olive oil, almond milk, baking powder, etc…
I will give you a rough idea of this recipe (I followed their recipe exactly, but I’ll just tweak some things here in order to give you an “idea” and avoid being sued by their magazine…).
Honey Almond-Quinoa-Buckwheat Bread
- 1 cup almond flour, 1 + 1/4 cup quinoa flour, 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or nondairy milk ( I used vanilla almond breeze)
- 3 Tbsps of Honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup of sunflower seeds, and/or raisins, chocolate chips, etc…(their recipe used sunflower seeds…and the picture in the magazine looked great…I did not have sunflower seeds….so I choice both raisins, choco chips, and chopped walnuts….possibilities are wide open).
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Combine. Mix. Pour into a greased (I used olive oil) bread/loaf pan. Bake for 40 –45 mins at 350 degrees. BUT, watch it ( I used less time…so judge accordingly).
Sorry for the poor picture quality. This actually far exceeds my expectations. I have no lighting in the kitchen, no patience, and a tiny camera that I have no idea how to operate.
- I am in such mental and physical distress guys. Honestly. I am not complaining, I am not whining. I’m just saying. And it is my blog – so why can I not write what I like? I NEVER dictate what another person can write or say or feel on their blog ….it is their life, their choice…I am completely separate from any other person in the world – so why would anyone bother to read my stuff if they don’t want to read it (just don’t…simple….not like I have any reason to affect you or matter to you).
- I will give you a brief synopsis. I continue to sit or lie down 24-7. And I’m not joking. I am in severe back pain, abdominal stitching, and chest pressure. I have extreme trapped “wind” in my body (i.e. I cannot expel gas through either “end “ of me….oh yeah, lovely). I also have been with “C” for 8 days now….contributing to and worsening the trapped wind condition. Dear god, I have no idea what to do…I try to lie down and wear it off and no go. I don’t move (I walk once a day) and that is unbearable cause I’m in such discomfort…so…
And ironically food suggestions from different sources will say increase grains and fiber (in order to relieve the constipation) or decrease fiber (i.e. eat rice krispies instead….in order to relieve the trapped wind)….I am eating everything now and don’t want to think on it….now how on earth am I supposed to increase calories, eat 6+ times a day, etc etc….and deal with this chronic pain.
I have another medical test tomorrow that will not be pleasant (have to drink something that actually contributes to “C” …and I already have “C”….so yeah….is this a cruel joke)….
I’m going to try to forget, breathe, and focus ONLY on all the things I ought to be thankful for. That is all. Focus only on that. And avoid reading detailed food blogs….when I do ZERO exercise, am in pain, and eat carbs and every other food in big quantity WHILE in this distress…the last thing I need to do is compare to others…
now, go bake some bread.
p.s….do you like pictures with the added “frame” or not? ideas on how to relieve “C”, trapped wind, etc?